An Easy & Delicious Staple to Any at Home Cook’s Kitchen
Butter is a cooking staple found in everyone’s kitchen. While butter is delicious in its simplicity, why not take it to the next level? This herb butter is easy to make and perfect for throwing in the pan before cooking or smearing on a piece of toast in the morning.
Let me tell you, this. stuff. is. crack. You’re welcome.
- 3 sticks of sweet cream butter
- 10 sprigs of thyme
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of coarse sea salt
1. Set out the three sticks of butter until they are at room temp, this makes them easier to work with. Once the butter is softened, add the three sticks to a large mixing bowl. Add the zest from one lemon, as well as a few squeezes of lemon juice from that same lemon.
2. Take your 10 sprigs of thyme and begin pulling the leaves off each stem. Once all the leaves have been removed, finely chop the leaves.
3. Add the chopped thyme to the mixing bowl with the butter.
4. Once added, combine the thyme, lemon, and butter together, adding coarse sea salt for taste as you mix. Once the herb butter is combined, place in the fridge for 15 minutes. This will allow for the butter to become easier to mold in the parchment paper.
5. After 15 minutes, place the herb butter on a piece of medium size parchment paper, and roll into a log. Twist the ends of the parchment paper to seal in the butter, and pop back into the fridge until ready to use!
*Recipe created by Mairin Mulcare